Manual Handling of loads means any transporting or supporting of a load by one or more employees and includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load, which by reason of its characteristics or of unfavourable ergonomic conditions involves risk, particularly of back injury to employees.
Manual Handling Course aim
To ensure that attendees know why and how to lift safely
Manual Handling Course objectives
- To understand the anatomy of the back and causes of common back injuries
- To understand the principles of safe manual handling
- To be able to carry out manual handling correctly
Manual Handling Course Content
- The reasons for looking after one’s back
- Manual Handling Legislation
- Anatomy of the back
- Common back injuries as a result of incorrect manual handling
- Biomechanics of manual handling
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Safe manual handling
- Manual handling demonstration
- Manual handling assessment
- Backcare in everyday life
Our manual handling course runs for a duration of four hours.
Manual Handling Certification
Attendees will receive a Manual handling certificate
For further information or any queries, contact our office on 087-2859660 or click here to email us.